1. I love to cook. preferably with a glass of something, and delta blues or Led Zeppelin playing.
2. I like to eat ice cream, and I really enjoy a good pair of slacks.
3. I have a pointed ear.
4. I like to collect books on architecture, field sports, history, or anything else that interests me.
5. I wear my grandfather’s watch that he got on his 21st birthday, and then my grandmother gave to me on my 21st, almost every day. I wind it when i wake up.
6. I have an American Flag that was flown over the US Capitol, and one which saw combat in Afghanistan.
7. I come from a family of industrial machinists. My great-grandfather worked a steam shovel on the Panama Canal.
8. I’ve shook hands with John Warner
9. I prefer beer that pours with a consistency close to motor oil
10. I spent three weeks backpacking and fly-fishing through Alaska, and showered twice. To the woman who sat next to me on the flight from Atlanta to Charleston, I hope you’ve forgiven me.
is something “art” when it’s only intention is shock value? Has the modernist aesthetic made the pursuit of beauty secondary to disturbing social norms?
beauty over shock value.